Optional stiffer Titanium springs avail ?

10 replies to this topic
  • mjg15

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:04 PM

Does Yamaha offer an optional heavier rate Ti spring ? I looked at online fiche and didn't see it . Also tried search . Anyone know ??
Thanks

• cwf340

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:08 PM

check for yamaha gytr race parts, but your best bet is probly gonna be racetech or factory connection. or another aftermarket company like that. good luck.

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:10 PM

Look under "alternate for chassis". They list 9 different titanium single rate rear springs.

• mjg15

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the speedy relies . grayracer , I knew they had to be there somewhere . Unfortunately they don't go high enough . They have a 5.58 - I need a 5.8 or 6.0 .

• swatdoc

Posted May 22, 2008 - 06:12 PM

pro circuit sells titanium springs - give them a call

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjg15

Posted May 22, 2008 - 06:50 PM

pro circuit sells titanium springs - give them a call

Thanks , found them . $500.

• SUnruh

Posted May 23, 2008 - 05:27 AM

i would suggest a Renton Coil Spring (RCS) way before an oem.

• StPeters21

Posted May 23, 2008 - 09:32 AM

$500 :ride: does that come with lube? :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted May 23, 2008 - 11:10 AM

$500 :bonk: does that come with lube? :thumbsup:

tell me about it. I payed 335.00 for a 5.6 Ti Yami spring...
man PC really bends you over......:ride:

Enzo and DRD had some RCS Ti springs for sale check them

• Family Man

Posted May 23, 2008 - 01:18 PM

I put a factory connection spring in. Works great, its not ti, under 100 bucks. It is heavier but I dont think any body could tell while in the saddle. The right size spring is more important than the weight, imo. I have no Idea why the springs are 500 bucks, ouch...

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2008 - 01:43 PM

I put a factory connection spring in. Works great, its not ti, under 100 bucks. It is heavier but I dont think any body could tell while in the saddle. The right size spring is more important than the weight, imo. I have no Idea why the springs are 500 bucks, ouch...

The first reason is that titanium is expensive. The second reason is that the Yamaha springs are produced in volume by a large manufacturer with a multi-year contract, and the Pro-Circuit spring is turned out in very small numbers by a much smaller maker who may have no assurance whatever that he will be making more in the future. Considering these two things, it doesn't surprise that Yamaha wants 250% more for the Ti springs than the steel ones made from much less expensive materials in much greater numbers, or that PC wants even more for theirs, which are really almost custom parts.

To me, I think your point is pretty well taken regarding the steel springs. There is a 2-3 pound difference in the spring weight, but I have to agree that a bike with the right springs will handle far better than one that weighs 3 pounds less but has the wrong springs. As much as I would as soon have the ti spring, I'd have to go with steel if I needed one myself.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.