What octane fuel is everyone using

4 replies to this topic
  • buffaman

Posted May 14, 2002 - 06:37 PM

I noticed today while riding my 01-wr-426 it bogged a couple times, not bad it came right out of it but it's never done that. I'm running 102 octane now and has always ran good. It was real warm today, maybe the heat made the difference ??? When it's hot outside do you raise or lower the octane ???

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 15, 2002 - 01:12 AM

I use 114 octane in my 450. The ambient temp has nothing to do with the octane requirements. You may have some jetting issues you need to work out before you think about switching to race fuel. Standard pump fuel should do just fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KAISTIE

Posted May 23, 2002 - 05:34 PM

I POSTED THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT A MONTH AGO. IT SEEMS THAT EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION. I GUESS IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF RIDING YOU DO. I DONT RACE BUT USED TO AND DO RIDE MY 02 WR HARD. I HAVE BEEN USING PUMP 91 AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS. HERE IN SO. CAL. THAT IS ALL I CAN GET MY HANDS ON FOR A REASONABLE PRICE. :)
GOOD LUCK
KAI

• SealClubber

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:10 PM

Higher temperatures richen the mixture so maybe you were too rich and need to lean the bike a little. Especially the Pilot Jet. Or turn in the Fuel screw. I use 91 octane. Its all she needs and all I can get w/o spending Buckets o' Ducats.

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lawrence ]

• SFO

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:40 PM

When I finally started screwing it on hard one day crawling around hollister and the sand I noticed the bog.
I think its time for the bk mod for you my friend.
Good gas is part II.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.