suspension adjustments....

4 replies to this topic
  • markvan

Posted May 22, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Ok, I always forget this stuff untill I need to adjust it.....

Where are different adjustments, as in which screw does what? I need to adjust rebound dampening on the rear shock. Is that the adjustment on the bottom of the shock? Turning in, (clockwise) increases dampening? Thanks refreshing my memory.....

Also may as well let me know the rest of the adjustments (high speed, low speed compression, compression and rebound dampening for the forks....), so I can print everything off and have it handy next time I want to change something, and be sure I am turning the right screws.... I am sure yamaha has it somewhere in the manual, but I can not find it anywhere....

Thanks guys....

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2008 - 02:25 PM

The shock rebound is on the bottom, right side of the shock. Clockwise increases damping on all adjusters. The shock low speed compression adjuster is the small screw at the top of the shock. The anodized hex nut the low speed adjuster lives in is the high speed compression.

Which adjuster is which on the fork depends on what year model you have. '04 and earlier, it was rebound on the top, and compression on the bottom. '05 and later, it's the reverse of that, with the compression on the top.

http://motoman393.th...suspension.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markvan

Posted May 22, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Thanks gray...... just what I was looking for.

• markvan

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:26 PM

The shock low speed compression adjuster is the small screw at the top of the shock. The anodized hex nut the low speed adjuster lives in is the high speed compression.

Ok, on second reading I think I know what you meant but just to clarify.....

Low speed compression is the small screw inside the hex nut, high speed compression is the hex nut....right?

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Right.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.