FMF or DR D

8 replies to this topic
  • savagex

Posted May 22, 2008 - 04:41 AM

I am getting a new pipe/silencer for my 2006 YZ 450. I am in between FMF Factory 4 Carbon and Ti power bomb or DrD stainless. Does anyone have any advice on which is better?

• Bigcr

Posted May 22, 2008 - 05:36 AM

They are both good. You'll pay a lot less for the Dr. D stainless. You might also want to consider the fact that Dr. D was a key in the development of the YZ450 itself. They have really good customer service too.

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2008 - 06:15 AM

They're both excellent, but the FMF will be lighter and more fragile. The DRD is a rugged piece that weighs the about what the stock system does. The header is heavier, and the silencer lighter, though, so the weight is carried lower.

I can't picture how you are stuck between an exhaust that costs $500 and one that costs $1000, somehow.

• Slinkyman16

Posted May 22, 2008 - 09:03 AM

if thos are my options i would be getting the dr.d..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • savagex

Posted May 22, 2008 - 09:26 AM

They are both used, in great shape, and priced within a $100 of each other. I am leaning towards the DR.D for durability

• Twig323

Posted May 22, 2008 - 10:54 AM

i have the fmf 4.1 ti slip on and had the dr.d carbon complete and i love them both but for the price yeah u cant beat the dr.d

• 06_450 Rider

Posted May 22, 2008 - 06:00 PM

Id prolly go with the DRD.. but the only thing i dont like about the DRD is the header.. it sits way too low and dosent look right..but its still a great exhaust

• Whyzee429

Posted May 23, 2008 - 02:44 PM

DR. D.... I've seen a handful of local racers with streamers coming from the back. Is this something that is a common issue or is it because of the high volume of bikes with them that there is a higher likelyhood of seeing a few with packing blowing out?

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2008 - 03:22 PM

The packing blows out of all of them. The DRD packing just looks different.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.