2005 450 any good?

3 replies to this topic
  • jnl81

Posted May 21, 2008 - 04:13 PM

I have a 03 KTM 625, I am trying to sell it and someone offered to trade me a 2005 WR450, piped, new tires, a/m bars and skid plates, good shape. Is this a good trade? What are the downsides of this bike?

• Traskrider

Posted May 21, 2008 - 04:19 PM

I've got an 02 525 KTM MXC and love it ! But then a buddy of mine let me ride his 05 Yami WR450 and now I have an 07 WR450. No need to explain eh?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jnl81

Posted May 21, 2008 - 04:24 PM

How is the suspension on the WR vs. the KTM

• Traskrider

Posted May 21, 2008 - 06:31 PM

I really was amazed at the diffrence, the KTM I still love it but I am doing more with the Yami than the KTM like hillclimbs jumps ect. Translated into my confidence is much higher with the balance and tractability with this bike, if I drop the Katey M on a hill it turns into a pig trying to pick it up and get goin again, as for the Yamy it is lighter more nimble, quicker, ofcourse newer gets points to. The suspension is great and comfortable the bike doesnt work me at all.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.