03 wr450 not getting gas

1 reply to this topic
  • leas450

Posted May 21, 2008 - 03:47 PM

went out to start my 03 wr450 today and to my suprise i had left the gas on and not drained the carb from when i rode it in january. I drained the fuel and replaced with new gas and also replaced the spark plug while i was at it. I took off the float bowl and blew out the pilot and main with carb cleaner and air. the bowl wasn't filled with gunk but did smell like varnish. I hooked everything back up and am not getting gas to fill up the bowl. I tried to spray carb cleaner into the carb at the nipple where the fuel line goes but it won't spray through. I also tried to blow air into it with no luck. Can anybody tell me how to get this cleaned out? I have searched the faq's and the site with no luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leas450

Posted May 21, 2008 - 06:14 PM

found a link that shows disassembly of an fcr carb. Found that the rubber cone on the float needle was stuck. Cleaned it up and the bike runs great. wish i would have found it before i posted this. this site has been a huge help to me and my friends. Thanks everyone

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.