newbie to site

24 replies to this topic
  • LimyWPom

Posted May 23, 2008 - 04:00 PM

i have an 05 and it shows how to set the sag (rear suspension) in the manual but refers to it as "set length." it's 4" on the 05. When you get time to have a good look through your manual you will be amazed at how much info is in there. you need to get some break in hours on the bike for the suspension to settle, may save you from doing it twice.

• broccoli2

Posted May 27, 2008 - 05:36 AM

Just got back from a great weekend in the desert. I can not believe what two simple mods did to my WR450. It went from a pinto to a porsche, There is no way I need any more mods for now or perhaps ever.. What I did..
Exhaust, GYSR insert
Carb, Replaced throttle stop (see pic for difference) This took the longest, about 30 minutes because I dropped the new screw during install and it took 20 minutes to find it and a magnet to get it back..

Thanks everyone for all your help

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted May 29, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Just got back from a great weekend in the desert. I can not believe what two simple mods did to my WR450. It went from a pinto to a porsche, There is no way I need any more mods for now or perhaps ever.. What I did..
Exhaust, GYSR insert
Carb, Replaced throttle stop (see pic for difference) This took the longest, about 30 minutes because I dropped the new screw during install and it took 20 minutes to find it and a magnet to get it back..

Thanks everyone for all your help

you must do the rest of the modes.... they are all worth while!!!! :thumbsup:

1. Grey wire: With the grey wire installed the ignition retards heavily after 8K. I could feel it roll over and play dead after 8K on long full throttle hill climbs. And I’m not a aggressive rider.
2. Jetting: the stock jetting is lean and I was afraid that it would damage my bike with the GYTR insert installed.
3. Air box silencer: it gives the bike more “bark” and takes 15 seconds to remove.

• WIRE-DOC

Posted May 29, 2008 - 07:08 PM

when you remove the rubber snorkel, do you also remove the plastic piece that used to hold it? 2 phillips head screws. ??

• Demo_Slug

Posted May 29, 2008 - 08:01 PM

when you remove the rubber snorkel, do you also remove the plastic piece that used to hold it? 2 phillips head screws. ??

yes. remove three screws. then pull. then put the parts in a box. the end.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.