Pro-taper accu-trax clamps for '06YZ450F

6 replies to this topic
  • NOMADAK

Posted May 19, 2008 - 09:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone in the forum has experienced or bought and tried a set of the newish Pro Taper accu-trax clamp combos out on the market recently. I have some cash for goodies and am wanting to spend wisely. Never really felt there was a big issue with the handling of the '06 YZ450F I've owned since new but have read the different opinions of mags and riders with interest. I have always felt with proper spring rates, fork height and a good front tire that the bike handled as well as any I have ever ridden. That being said, I know there is always some room for improvements. I have a bud with the applied clamps and he did mention it felt like it turned sharper. Just wanted to hear from first hand accounts if there are any. Really interested in the reports on the cushioning system. Also they are listed in 22.5mm offsets and a regular style that gives no offset. Please speak up if you have some working knowledge of this new product. Greatly appreciated.... in advance!

• NOMADAK

Posted May 21, 2008 - 11:33 AM

wow, 40 views, zero replies. I would like to give things another day and see what happens when I move this back to the opening page in the YZ450F forum.

I hate to cross post but I am going to ask in the general forum too.

• yzmerf105

Posted May 26, 2008 - 08:26 PM

look here

http://www.thumperta...330&postcount=1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzmerf105

Posted November 23, 2008 - 12:11 PM

Just to update on the clamps. I noticed today my arms are a lot less sore than they used to get. I am way out of shape and havent been riding and my legs are killing me( but they always did) anyway i have to think the elastomers have something to do with it as that is the only thing different. BY the way i am running the yellow one, i think they are medium.

• crash90

Posted November 23, 2008 - 12:29 PM

i just bought some fro my 06yz250f and will test them out thanskgiving

• gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 02:11 PM

Seams like the 22.5 help a lot, guys who have them will not give them up.
had a friend with an 06 call me just about an hour ago from testing at the track and said when he moved his forks up anouther 5 mm it made a hughe differance.
He is looking at the rekluse adjustable axle also.
We have been talking about this a lot lately.

• xxskifast

Posted November 25, 2008 - 11:19 AM

I just mounted mine last night. The height feels much better. I will report results after a good holiday weekend of riding at Carnegie.

Ski

:bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.