06 450f...re-use radiator hoses?

6 replies to this topic
  • hammer311

Posted May 19, 2008 - 03:46 PM

hey all,i am currently installing fluid-dyne radiators on my 06 yz 450f, my question is can i re use my rad hoses non are damaged but i was told i need to buy new ones,i attempted pro circuits and the are on a huge back order and stock ones are also, thanks alot.

• grayracer513

Posted May 19, 2008 - 03:53 PM

If they are not damaged, I doubt that they need replacement. "By the book", you don't reuse them, but from a practical standpoint, you can. But you need to be sure of their condition. To say that coolant at 270 degrees will cause a serious burn is a first class understatement.

• Justin89

Posted May 19, 2008 - 08:36 PM

Get some CV4 hose if you want some after-market ones...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted May 19, 2008 - 09:46 PM

you could also go here and pic yourself up some silicon hoses for about 10-20bucks..
http://www.fluidsyst...ome.php?cat=111

• TimFurryBalls

Posted May 21, 2008 - 11:05 AM

That's way more affordable. What is the diameter of the stock hoses?

• TimFurryBalls

Posted May 23, 2008 - 02:58 PM

?????

• 642MX

Posted May 23, 2008 - 05:14 PM

hey all,i am currently installing fluid-dyne radiators on my 06 yz 450f, my question is can i re use my rad hoses non are damaged but i was told i need to buy new ones,i attempted pro circuits and the are on a huge back order and stock ones are also, thanks alot.

You can reuse them. Mine are originals (2002 model).

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.