another octopuss question

4 replies to this topic
  • Tman

Posted November 24, 2002 - 05:17 PM

I know there is alot of stuff out there on the octopuss mod but I just have one small question. I took off all the hoses that I needed to off the carb and pluged them with caps I think I have 5 of them. Then found a post that I was only supposed to have two and then realized that the round thing that all the hoses are connected to is supposed to come off too.

So my question is if I take that round thing off will it effect my bike diferently than just the holes being plugged up. My bike seems to run good with it that way and don't want any suprises when I take it off.

Thanks for the help

• Jekel

Posted November 24, 2002 - 05:50 PM

I didn't notice any change when I went from the plugs on all the holes to removing the round thing. Just looks ALOT nicer with it off and less chance of losing a plug. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 25, 2002 - 02:56 AM

What year WR?

• Tman

Posted November 25, 2002 - 01:00 PM

It's a 98. I basically want to make sure If I take it off that it will run the same, just in case I don't have time to test it before my next ride. All the holes are pluged on that round body so I would think it wouldn't make a diffrence if I removed it.

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 25, 2002 - 01:39 PM

you should only need two rubber caps to de-octopus.

Remove the round thing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.