Hello All

8 replies to this topic
  • big25country

Posted May 19, 2008 - 08:52 AM

Well, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been reading throught the forum lately and am impressed with what I've read. Yall have alot of information. I've got an 04 WR450F, I got it brand new in 06 from a dealer in Alaska that bought a Yamaha dealership that went under. I got the 03 price on the 04 in 06, it was awesome!!! I love this bike! I've done no mods yet, but this place is so informative I'll be doing the free mods ASAP. I'm also one of those guys who is going to dual sport out my bike. I'm in Georgia and was going to ask if anyone has plated a bike here? I'll post up more questions later in hopefully the approiate thread. Thanks for having me!

Big Country

• jandmsuburban7

Posted May 20, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hi from Kalifornia! Jason

• ETP

Posted May 20, 2008 - 04:42 PM

Welcome to the forum.
The first year 2003 WR450 had a design flaw in the starter assembly. You should upgrade to the 2004 parts. Use WR450.com to get the info for this. Go to the photo tab to find the procedure.
Trickdualsport.com has a good quality DS kit for the WR. Good support too, but you don't need much because the kit is rock solid.

• big25country

Posted May 21, 2008 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, yall.
So, Trickdualsport is the way to go? I feel like I want to just get a DC stator to run everything from the battery. I'm probably gonna build my own DS kit and just buy the things I have to, like a DC stator.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted May 21, 2008 - 02:27 PM

Thanks, yall.
So, Trickdualsport is the way to go? I feel like I want to just get a DC stator to run everything from the battery. I'm probably gonna build my own DS kit and just buy the things I have to, like a DC stator.

TDS is the way to go for a full kit. Dale at TDS will sell components too.
Many guys have built their own kits out of quite a variety of parts. Use the search feature on the dual sport forum here at TT for more info.

• big25country

Posted May 22, 2008 - 07:13 AM

Thanks ETP! Quick question, how does yout Vapor work? Like where does it get the input for speed, rpm, netural light, ect.?

• ETP

Posted May 22, 2008 - 07:55 AM

Thanks ETP! Quick question, how does yout Vapor work? Like where does it get the input for speed, rpm, neutral light, ect.?

The Vapor works great except for intermittent high tach readings. Eventually I'll get around to troubleshooting that problem. Don't really look at the tach much while riding.

Otherwise its been a fun "gadget" addon for the bike. The Vapor kit comes with easy to install sensors for temp, tach, speed, etc. Reasonably priced too. Check it out at trailtech.net.

• chickenstrips

Posted May 22, 2008 - 08:42 AM

The Vapor works great except for intermittent high tach readings. Eventually I'll get around to troubleshooting that problem. Don't really look at the tach much while riding.

How did you hook up the power/ground wires? I ended up connecting mine to the CDI box plug and it works flawlessly, when I had them on the headlight the tach would jump high.

• big25country

Posted May 23, 2008 - 03:19 AM

Otherwise its been a fun "gadget" addon for the bike. The Vapor kit comes with easy to install sensors for temp, tach, speed, etc. Reasonably priced too. Check it out at trailtech.net.

Thanks again, can't wait to get some time to start free moding my bike, and hitting the junk yards to build up my DS kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.