'08 vs '07 WR450F MODS

1 reply to this topic
  • Pluto67

Posted May 19, 2008 - 07:38 AM

New '08 WR 450. I've disconnected the grey wire and changed to the YZ throttle stop screw - Big change in available POWER. I have not touched the airbox or exhaust baffle (because I'm not sure about re-jetting yet). There is just a slight bog but the only time it really happens is when I rev it in neutral. With smooth throttle application there is no bog, riding the bike with even throttle roll is nice and quick. I don't know how to wheelie, maybe the bog would be a bummer there. I'd like to learn so I can clear logs with the front.

I think I'm leaving the AIS on. If it cuts out emissions slightly and really doesn't change performance other than removing negligible decel pop - Then its staying on.

Anyways, to get back on target - are the mod recommendations the same 08 vs 07?? as far as jetting, accelerator pump linkage,.... There seem to be differences between 07 and earlier years, and I wonder if 08 has significant changes vs 07. I have the GTYR AIS kit (I've decided since purchase to leave it on). I've used the screw, but wonder about the needle and jet.

I guess I need to know if the 07 JD jetting kit and ZipTy screw will go with my bike. Thanks I've found the site to have a wealth of info :thumbsup: and have looked through all the pages of the 07 WR mods and FAQ.

Erik :rolleyes:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted May 19, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I guess I need to know if the 07 JD jetting kit and ZipTy screw will go with my bike. Thanks I've found the site to have a wealth of info :thumbsup: and have looked through all the pages of the 07 WR mods and FAQ.

Erik :rolleyes:

I've got the JD kit and the ZipTy screw on my 08. I got them off JD's web site.

I think its works very well. ( my AIS is still connected).

promoto or GYTR exhuast tip is nice too. I have the GYTR... but I think the promoto sounds a tiny bit better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.