Reason WR are red sticker?

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 24, 2002 - 04:06 PM

I heard from a good friend today who says he was talking to a "Yamaha Guy" and this guy told him the reason the WR's are Red Sticker is because Yamaha didn't want to pay the state of CA. to test the bike! Anyone know anything about this? What is the fee that CA. charges to approve a certain model?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carpeDRZ

Posted November 25, 2002 - 08:34 AM

whoya, I think tha Yamaha Guy was right. I could be (and probably am) completely wrong, but I read that it's like $100,000 for each model. Yamaha and Suzuki didn't pay, so we get red sticker bikes, while KTM and Honda (XRs) gave green to get green. Or am I just talking out of my ass? :)

• Dan_from_HB

Posted November 25, 2002 - 07:14 PM

Check this link. Bill Dart explains some of the detail. I seem to recall an earlier post he made under another user name that had more detail, but can't seem to find it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.