How soon to next upgrade????

6 replies to this topic
  • Guy

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:02 PM

:) Not really being one to moan too much, but it's come to my attention that several of our staunch members are no longer able to access the site due to the changes just brought about, this includes people like SoCalWR426, and other fine contributors to the site, it strikes me as funny though that they can still access the shop part of the site just NOT the forums :D
It would be great if Steve and Bryan could see their way to getting these people back to the forums ASAP as it is a poorer place without them..........

• levy1

Posted May 14, 2002 - 02:11 AM

Hear, Hear!

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:11 AM

Guy,

What are you Talking about?

I just tried to access TT from 6 different computers with 4 different OS's and had no problems accessing the Forums.

What Happened?

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 14, 2002 - 06:22 AM

netscape navigator...???

• Merfman

Posted May 14, 2002 - 09:23 PM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
netscape navigator...???

This was posted using Netscape.

Merf

• Bryan Bosch

Posted May 14, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Originally posted by Guy:
:) Not really being one to moan too much, but it's come to my attention that several of our staunch members are no longer able to access the site due to the changes just brought about, this includes people like SoCalWR426, and other fine contributors to the site, it strikes me as funny though that they can still access the shop part of the site just NOT the forums :D
It would be great if Steve and Bryan could see their way to getting these people back to the forums ASAP as it is a poorer place without them..........

The new portal page includes menus that are JavaScript based and do not allow Netscape users to access the forums and TT Experts. Because of this, we've create a "Netscape-friendly" portal (http://www.thumperta...ke/ns_index.htm) that gives our Netscape users access to everything our Internet Explorer users have (95% of our members).

Your hint that we've done this in an effort to redirect members to the TT store is unwarranted and most definately NOT TRUE. We know that our members are much, much smarter than that. It is this sort of half-baked conclusion that starts the rumor-mill spinning. Is it your goal to make Steve and I appear less than honorable? I sincerely hope not.

How difficult is it to drop us a line (webmaster@thumpertalk.com), asking for our assistance in ironing out an issue you are having? :D Steve and I have been ALWAYS willing to help our members, even those that come off half cocked.

Cheers!

Bryan

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

• Guy

Posted May 14, 2002 - 12:33 PM

At this point, let me make myself clear....I run IE6 and have NO access problems, I have recieved an E-Mail from certain members complaining that they can no longer access the forums, just the shop, to some extent I am a conduit for their grievances as they CANNOT e-mail/pm anyone as they CANNOT access the board.
Sorry if you took it as a personal dig at your integtrity, not meant as such, but I must agree in some ways....it is rather funny (Strange not Ha Ha)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.