2003 wr459f does not run clean off idle

No replies to this topic

Posted May 18, 2008 - 06:10 PM

I have recently aquired a 2003 wr450f. It has very few miles on it. The previous owners were of questionionable mechanincal skills based on some of the things i have found.
The bike has recently been down the Baja, I followed the rider so I know it does run but now that I try to ride it, it does not idle well. It will start but revs and does not come back to idle. After the throttle is closed it continues to fast idle and buck and put up a fuss out the exhaust. I would like to think it s lean but the I checked the jetting from stock specs and found nothing amiss. The exhaust and jetting is stock.I have not opened up the top end to check the valve clearence. That's on tommorows list.
Anybody have any ideas?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.