What holds the headlight shroud still?

3 replies to this topic
  • Vegemite_luva

Posted May 18, 2008 - 05:17 PM

When I got my 2003 WR450F last year it came with a number plate and later I bought the headlight shroud assembly from a fellow TT'er. I bought the top mounting brackets but did not see anything in the way of a lower mounting point. After one year I found that I have wear marks on my fork legs :thumbsup: .

Is there some lower mounting point? If so, could some one take a picture of it? Or tell me the part#s?

I noticed the very bottom of the shroud has a hole with a brass grommet but I don't see what this would be used for. Is there simply a screw/bolt that goes into the fender?

• The_Blue_One

Posted May 19, 2008 - 07:04 AM

It should have a flat t shaped mount that bolts to the bottom triple clamp. Don't know why they don't show it on the 03 parts list but here is the one of a 2005.Should be the same thing #9 part number 5PH-84319-50-00

Attached Thumbnails

• ya.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted May 19, 2008 - 09:13 AM

It's listed under "Meter" on page E6 of the 03 WR450 parts manual, 5NG-84319-50-00.

• Vegemite_luva

Posted May 19, 2008 - 01:30 PM

It should have a flat t shaped mount that bolts to the bottom triple clamp. Don't know why they don't show it on the 03 parts list but here is the one of a 2005.Should be the same thing #9 part number 5PH-84319-50-00

It's listed under "Meter" on page E6 of the 03 WR450 parts manual, 5NG-84319-50-00.

WHOO HOO!!! Thank you so much, you guys are awesome! I never would have been able to find those myself. I was combing the online microfiche and I never would have thought to look under "Meter" or to look under another year.

I tell ya, there is no better online community than Thumpertalk.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.