Broken forks!

6 replies to this topic
  • Bigcr

Posted May 18, 2008 - 06:59 AM

So I took my '07 for a pretty easy off road ride yesterday and when I got done and put my bike on the stand, the forks extend an extra couple of inches now. It looks like a chopper! I've seen the insides of forks come apart on the inside before, but never on MY bike. Of the 4 or 5 that I have seen this happen to, they were all KYB's.:thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted May 18, 2008 - 06:20 PM

do the forks go back down when you take it off the stand?

i no on my bikes when you take the bike off the stand it sags a inch or so then when you put it on the stand it extends a inch or so.

but i think you know that already, take some pics?

• Bigcr

Posted May 19, 2008 - 05:48 AM

I'll take some pics before I tear them down tonight. You can see inches between the fork guard and the bottom of the upper fork tube. I see $ leaving my wallet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 19, 2008 - 06:04 AM

What is the service history of your forks, just curious?

• Bigcr

Posted May 19, 2008 - 08:02 AM

What is the service history of your forks, just curious?

I changed the springs to stiffer ones about 10 hours ago. It has to be something I f#$*ed up. I'm torn; if it's something I did, at least I can learn from it. If it's a defect, then how do I keep it from happening again?:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted May 19, 2008 - 09:53 AM

... how do I keep it from happening again?:thumbsup:

First, we need to see what happened.

• Bigcr

Posted May 19, 2008 - 12:28 PM

First, we need to see what happened.

Yup; I can't wait to get off work!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.