Is this a stock 99 WR400 carb?

6 replies to this topic
  • chickenstrips

Posted May 17, 2008 - 10:44 PM

1999 WR400F

I bought the bike used and was not told anything about the carb being changed out, but from what I've seen it doesn't appear to be stock (no linkage cover?).

I need to know if it is stock or something like a FCR41 so I can order a few parts for it.

Need float bowl o-ring gasket, intake bell o-ring gasket, accel pump diaphragm and o-rings (may be a good time to go to a larger AP?).

Anything else I should consider replacing? The wheels on the arm that pulls up the slide looked a bit worn, but nothing else looked bad.

I also wrote down all the jet sizes and needle type for looking at after I figure out which model of carb it is.

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does that hole need to be plugged or anything?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks.

• LiveSideways

Posted May 18, 2008 - 02:16 AM

Stock Keihin FCR 39

• Birdy426

Posted May 18, 2008 - 10:35 AM

Stock except for the Power Now (Gold colored intake bell that replaced the stock plastic piece. It has a "wing" in it to increase air flow velocity at part throttle settings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chickenstrips

Posted May 18, 2008 - 12:05 PM

Stock except for the Power Now (Gold colored intake bell that replaced the stock plastic piece. It has a "wing" in it to increase air flow velocity at part throttle settings.

Cool Thanks, i will order up some parts for it. Is the stock A.P. sufficient? I will just order a new diaphragm for it.

• D-Z

Posted July 23, 2009 - 11:11 PM

i noe this is an old thread, but i need help!!ive got the same carb fcr3 41 on my wr400..but mine boggs all through the mid and top end, and backfires like a machine gun.. ive already did send it to my mechanic but seems he is unable to fine tune the carb..wats the jetting like? i have a FMF powerbomb header and whitebrothers e2 exhaust and the bike is on YZ timing..

any help appreciated please!!

• gtcodave

Posted June 20, 2013 - 02:59 PM

correct me if i'm wrong and i know this thread is a bit of an archive but didn't the WR400F have a 39mm bore carb?

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yes it did.

Once the old FCR's get worn and tired, the best thing to do with them is replace them with an FCR-MX from a later model. The '05 and up YZ450 carbs are an excellent choice.

You would need the 450 cables, and the complete hot start assembly as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.