Is the '99 WR4 exhaust different than '98 or '00?

1 reply to this topic
  • dlg

Posted November 24, 2002 - 07:17 AM

I just bought a '99 WR4 and the stock exhaust insert was already removed and lost. I want to quiet the bike down and it looks like the WB Vortip is a good way to go. Unfortunately the WB catalog only lists a Vortip for the '98 and '00 WR4s. Does anybody know why the Vortip wouldn't work on the '99 WR4? Does the '99 exhaust have a built in spark arrestor?

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted November 24, 2002 - 05:43 PM

The 99 Wr exhaust has a spark arrestor held in th eend of the pipe with three bolts. Inside this is the restrictor which is held in with one screw(bolt). I believe the exhausts were built the same, not sure of the year for the shiny steel change? My '99 has the black exhaust. Best advise is call the insert manufacturer. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.