Resurfacing Cylinder Head

2 replies to this topic
  • hazey123

Posted May 17, 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quick question on resurfacing cylinder head. I am having trouble removing the bolts that are threaded into the cylinder head. Do I just clamp in the middle with some vise grips and wrench them off? Are the threads reverse in the head? Is there a trick to it, this is my first time doing this. I need to get these bolts out before I can even start sanding the head.:thumbsup: Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • usmcpaul

Posted May 17, 2008 - 05:00 PM

Are you talking about the head bolts or alignment dowels/pins?

And are you going to sand the head by hand?

• bustersat

Posted May 17, 2008 - 05:32 PM

use two nuts that fit the threads. Jam them together, then turn the one closest to the head counter clock wise. should come right out. if not try just a little heat to loosen them.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.