Quick Help: Pilot air jet setting? WR400

4 replies to this topic
  • chickenstrips

Posted May 17, 2008 - 02:00 PM

I think my WR400 has a FCR 41 on it, anyways, I didn't realize the pilot air jet was adjustable and didn't count how many turns out it was, I just put it back together and forgot and left it turned all the way in. Now the bike won't idle without choke and wants to die in the low end, where should I start for tuning it, 1 1/2 turns out?

I assume that is what is causing it, nothing else was changed, everything was just cleaned and it wasn't too bad inside.
Thanks.

Here is the carb, not sure if its FCR 41 but it doesn't look like the stock one.

Posted Image

Pilot air jet on the left..

Posted Image

• William1

Posted May 17, 2008 - 03:30 PM

Typical stock setting is 7/8ths of a turn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chickenstrips

Posted May 17, 2008 - 04:14 PM

Cool Thanks. I will set it to that and see how it feels.

Another thing, was taking the endcap off the FMF exhaust, every bolt popped like they normally do when they are stuck. Turns out every single one of them just snapped in the middle, half are stuck in the pipe and the other half in the endcaps. Excellent idea to use mild steel on mild steel with shitty hardware on exhaust FMF. Luckily its not too much louder.

• William1

Posted May 17, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Once you get the broken bolts, replace with stainless steel (high grade) and use anti-seize. All joints and bolts on the exhaust need anti-seize.

• chickenstrips

Posted May 17, 2008 - 05:48 PM

They arent coming out. they broke in half and there was a stud left sticking out of the muffler, i let them soak with pb blaster, then tried to get the studs out, and those snapped flush with the endcap piece. I will call FMF on monday, what a POS.

I tried ~ 7/8 on the pilot air screw, it wouldnt idle at all. Put it to about 1/2 turn and its ok. My accel pump diaphragm is pretty nasty, it probably isnt working right, so if you give it too much throttle it wants to bog.

I need to find out what model of carb it is, and then I wrote down all the jets and the needle/clip position, etc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.