Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50 on yamaha

10 replies to this topic
  • David S

Posted May 15, 2008 - 07:57 AM

hey guys onyone know if i can use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50 on my 08 YZ450F...

regards

David

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2008 - 08:16 AM

Mobil markets no such oil here in the states. They have Racing 4T 10w-40 and V-Twin 20w-50 motorcycle oils. However, both of these are excellent oils, and if in fact Mobil markets an oil in Denmark which is labeled "Racing 4T 15w-50" for motorcycles, I would guess that it would be made to the same set of standards that the US oils are, and that it would also be an excellent choice.

• feirmeoir

Posted May 15, 2008 - 05:30 PM

Mobil markets no such oil here in the states. They have Racing 4T 10w-40 and V-Twin 20w-50 motorcycle oils. However, both of these are excellent oils, and if in fact Mobil markets an oil in Denmark which is labeled "Racing 4T 15w-50" for motorcycles, I would guess that it would be made to the same set of standards that the US oils are, and that it would also be an excellent choice.

Triumph dealers sell it in the states.

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:12 PM

The Mobil US web site doesn't list Racing 4T in that viscosity. :thumbsup:

• feirmeoir

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:41 PM

The Mobil US web site doesn't list Racing 4T in that viscosity. :thumbsup:

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50 is marketed specifically for Triumph motorcycles.

I buy it here in Michigan for my Sprint RS. I don't know where the dealers get it. Maybe they get it directly from Triumph.

http://www.mobil.com...il1Racing4T.asp

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2008 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, that's what I was trying to find, was a Euro web site. Looks very similar to the US oils. If it is, and you think you really need (or want) a 50w, it should be a great oil to use.

• BergArabia

Posted May 15, 2008 - 09:02 PM

I use that oil in my bike.
So they sell it here in the middle east also..
Posted Image

• adamdf

Posted May 16, 2008 - 12:12 PM

I use Mobil1 5-50 fully synthetic in my 08 KTM 450. A lot of people say it is a good quality oil, and so far it has worked well for me.

• David S

Posted May 16, 2008 - 10:05 PM

yes it is exactly the one on the picture...

• grayracer513

Posted May 17, 2008 - 06:58 AM

yes it is exactly the one on the picture...

Not necessarily. He didn't specify which 5w-50 he was using other than that it is a full synthetic, so it could be one of the car oils. The basic oil itself is probably very much similar, even identical, but the question with automotive and truck oils is whether the additive package includes components that will allow the oil to retain its viscosity for a meaningful length of time when used to lubricate a transmission. The vast majority of automotive, and unfortunately, a large percentage of motorcycle specialty oil additive packages don't include such chemistry, and the oil will drop one or two grades in as little as 2 hours.

Without your own used oil analysis, or a published lab test to go by to establish that it is suitable for transmission use, I would recommend changing it at very short intervals. If it is one of the Mobil 1 motorcycle specialty oils, then it is trustworthy, as those have proven themselves capable of holding up under service as gear lubes.

• adamdf

Posted May 17, 2008 - 02:51 PM

I personally like to change my oil (circumstances permitting aka as long as i get the time and im not being too lazy) every other ride. Most people on the forum will tell you that changing the oil regularly is generally more important than what brand you use.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.