side plate tank, what about coolant overflow tank

2 replies to this topic
  • michaeltrundle

Posted May 13, 2002 - 12:39 AM

I am thinking of fitting a baja designs side plate tank to my 2000 wr400 and assume I will have to remove the coolant catch tank.
Has anyone tried one of these tanks? How much fuel will one carry etc? I cant seem to find out much info regarding the fuel capacity or how they mount, over here in australia.
I removed the catch tank once before but it did lose a bit of coolant here and there when idling at traffic lights for a few minutes for example.
Can you put a higher pressure radiator cap on to stop this or will that just lead to problems elswhere within the cooling system.
Any ideas or advice much appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Richard56

Posted May 13, 2002 - 12:58 AM

Mine had the same problem, (Coolant dripping from the wee hole). After less then 3mins of idling, it will drip out.

SOLUTION: Mine, I changed the impeller shaft and the seals. Up to now, no more dripping of coolant.

• michaeltrundle

Posted May 14, 2002 - 02:57 AM

mine leaks fluid from the overflow tube, past the radiator cap. I dont think the inpeller shaft has anything to do with this type of leak. It's caused from the fluid getting too hot when there is no wind through the radiators.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.