IMS 3.1 Reserve?

6 replies to this topic
  • Idaho450

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Anyone know how big the reserve is on an '07 IMS 3.1 tank? I've got an '06 petcock.

• tweav

Posted May 14, 2008 - 08:41 PM

I would say you only have like 4 -5 miles on reserve . it's not much at all. I flipped to it one night on the way home from work . I made almost up the last hill on the way home and ran out . I pushed it to the top and over the crest , layed the bike down on it's left side gave it a 5 count picked it back up . fired it back up and rode the last mile home . when I looked in the tank the next day it did not have any thing in it at all.. I guess I should say it's 11-12 miles to work from my house . and I switched at about 5 miles from work .

• Idaho450

Posted May 15, 2008 - 08:18 PM

Wow, that's not much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted May 15, 2008 - 11:14 PM

I don't use the reserve much I hit 80 miles on road I go get gas to be safe . It only takes 2 gallon but it beats running out , I really don't like pushing a bike . you could extend the reserve tube on the petcock .

• Snap421

Posted May 16, 2008 - 09:13 AM

I found that on my bike, I have maybe 2-3 miles on reserve. I pretty much use the lay down the bike on it's left side technique as the reserve. I'm looking for gas at about 80 miles.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 16, 2008 - 03:32 PM

on the 07 with the yz ims tank you can get atleast 100 miles before you hit reserve...we went from cal city to primm and the last 100 miles there is no gas and we flogged the crap out of the bike with 14/50 gearing and we still had gas

• tweav

Posted May 16, 2008 - 05:31 PM

on the 07 with the yz ims tank you can get atleast 100 miles before you hit reserve...we went from cal city to primm and the last 100 miles there is no gas and we flogged the crap out of the bike with 14/50 gearing and we still had gas

I thought I posted that when I ran mine out it was at completly out 132 miles . I just get fuel at 80 miles to be safe . I do not live close to any gas stations so I get fuel when I'm near them .bike only goes like 4-6 miles on reserve or so and the closest pump is 6 miles from home. So to be on the real topic . How far does your bike go on reserve?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.