mirror replacement what works best

6 replies to this topic
  • plasticweld

Posted November 22, 2002 - 06:43 PM

I crashed tonight and the only thing I damaged was the mirror, the one that was on the bike worked sort of, enough to get an inspection sticker, but vibrated so bad it was next to worthless on the road, any recommdations for a mirror that still will fold down for off road use and still function on the road???Bob

• billyj7175

Posted November 23, 2002 - 08:40 PM

From what I've heard the "Ken Sean" folding mirror works about the best. A buddy I used to ride with, had one on his KTM, and really liked it. I ordered one the other day, but it hasn't came in yet.
Stay away from the Acerbis...it will only get you through the inspection, and keep the cops at bay. It's otherwise pretty useless.

• rogergayla21

Posted November 24, 2002 - 03:12 PM

I hve the Acerbis and they are usless, it now spends it days in a box in the garage. I ride with the stock one and remove it to enter the woods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpdup

Posted November 25, 2002 - 02:37 PM

Get an IMS mirror mount and use the stock mirrors. The mount allows you to fold the mirrors down fast and easy, yet still work right when needed.

• plasticweld

Posted November 25, 2002 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I do have to get a whole mirror set up as the mount is what is damaged. I am going to try the Ken Sean mirror.. I should have taken the mirror off before I started jumping over logs with the bike,, at first I was just going to do some easy ones to get used to getting a heavy bike over a log, as my confidence built up I kept trying bigger logs, needless to say that when you hit a 2 1/2 log the back end comes up pretty fast when it hits, I got hit in the back by the seat and then went over the bars, I was glad all I wrecked was the mirror.. :)

• Ted_Christian

Posted November 26, 2002 - 09:22 AM

I highly recommend the dual-star mirror. Doesn't vibrate, doesn't stick out, survives crashes. Might not work too well if you're very wide in the saddle. :)

Dual-Star mirror

• FooBarr

Posted November 27, 2002 - 12:00 PM

I concur with Ted,
The dual star rocks and won't get trashed when you lay it down. When I look through it, I reach over with my thumb and stop the vibs and see clearly. Much better than the useless Acerbis POS. With this mirror your actually looking under your arm. I got mine from 4strokesOnly and used the mirror mounting brackets.

http://www.fourstrok...om/Mirrors.html

The dual star web site is worth checking out, they got some other clever goodies.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.