Moose Torque Spacer Kit Opinions

18 replies to this topic
  • Honda28

Posted May 14, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Saw this Moose Torque Spacer Kit and wondering if its worth the money .. do you really benifit from any gains or whats the deal?:thumbsup: oh yeah for a 07 yz250

• jfgjr

Posted May 14, 2008 - 01:30 PM

I have a powervalve spacer and a pipe spacer. I noticed the pipe spacer more but both helped tame the power a bit. They were cheap so I would say yes on were they worth it.

• jfgjr

Posted May 14, 2008 - 01:44 PM

:thumbsup: Sorry. I did not research what the Moose product was. My stuff was ordered through Trailtech.

• Honda28

Posted May 14, 2008 - 01:53 PM

yeah i also read bout the trial tech but not really interested in that as i read it tames the low end more than add whereas the moose torgue spacer adds more to bottom to mid so i read wana kno if its worth the 27 bucks... I just missed an auction and it sold for 10:50 :thumbsup:

• jfgjr

Posted May 14, 2008 - 02:55 PM

yeah i also read bout the trial tech but not really interested in that as i read it tames the low end more than add whereas the moose torgue spacer adds more to bottom to mid so i read wana kno if its worth the 27 bucks... I just missed an auction and it sold for 10:50 :thumbsup:

Good luck. If you score one post up a report:thumbsup:

• RCannon

Posted May 14, 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have a Moose torque spacer for a yz 250. Theirs is twice as thick (10mm vs the oem 5mm) as the one Yamaha supplies, factory installed, with the yz 250's from 2003-2008.

The extra thickness kills throttle response. Their is a limit to how thick the spacer can be without screwing things up. I believe Yamaha went as thick as they could from the factory. You can buy an extra oem yamaha spacer and add 1 more gasket to achieve the same thing.

• hallsy

Posted May 14, 2008 - 05:07 PM

I thought the YZ came stock with a reed spacer, so do you add the moose spacer to the existing one or does it replace it?

• RCannon

Posted May 14, 2008 - 05:40 PM

You could add it or replace it completly. I never tried to use them both together. Stock 5mm was great. You can remove this for more of a mid to top powerband.

I tried the 10mm moose and removed the stock spacer. It was obvious that 10mm was just too thick and I put the thing away. Something 6 or 7mm thick would have been fun. Trying them both together felt pointless.

• Honda28

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:21 PM

You could add it or replace it completly. I never tried to use them both together. Stock 5mm was great. You can remove this for more of a mid to top powerband.

I tried the 10mm moose and removed the stock spacer. It was obvious that 10mm was just too thick and I put the thing away. Something 6 or 7mm thick would have been fun. Trying them both together felt pointless.

hmm wait so u tried it out or u mounted it but then removed it before even testing it due to how it looked? jus wondering as if the new yz's need help in low end :rolleyes: :crazy: but hey never hurts to try one out 10 buks is a cheap test u kno so if i get one ill try it out with the jetting i have... i have yet to post pics of my bike really need to stop forgeting lol :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

• mks yz

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:31 PM

RC is right its just going to kill your throttle response, to much dead space between the intake and the carb, which means you will have less velocity, at least right at first, and velocity is king. iv known engine builders who actually used a special putty to fill in the space between the reed cage and intake to get more velocity, obviously you can go to far either way, i personally use a boyesen rad valve and removed the stock spacer it makes for electric throttle respones and pulls really hard down low.

• Honda28

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:42 PM

RC is right its just going to kill your throttle response, to much dead space between the intake and the carb, which means you will have less velocity, at least right at first, and velocity is king. iv known engine builders who actually used a special putty to fill in the space between the reed cage and intake to get more velocity, obviously you can go to far either way, i personally use a boyesen rad valve and removed the stock spacer it makes for electric throttle respones and pulls really hard down low.

uh oh nvm then sounds not even worth it...yeah was leanin towards the boyesen instead of vforce has the boyesen in the 00 250 yz i had was really great power down low but why remove stock spacer what does this do?

• RCannon

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:39 PM

hmm wait so u tried it out or u mounted it but then removed it before even testing it due to how it looked? jus wondering as if the new yz's need help in low end :rolleyes: :crazy: but hey never hurts to try one out 10 buks is a cheap test u kno so if i get one ill try it out with the jetting i have... i have yet to post pics of my bike really need to stop forgeting lol :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

I dont care how it looks. That area is hidden anyway...No problem with looks.

I tried the stock 5mm spacer and loved it. 10mm killed throttle response and was the wrong way to go. Based on that, 15mm, or both spacers would be a waste of time. When your working with machines it never pays to chase thoughts and ideas that have already been proven wrong.

• Honda28

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:47 PM

I dont care how it looks. That area is hidden anyway...No problem with looks.

I tried the stock 5mm spacer and loved it. 10mm killed throttle response and was the wrong way to go. Based on that, 15mm, or both spacers would be a waste of time. When your working with machines it never pays to chase thoughts and ideas that have already been proven wrong.

yeah hear ya on that no i didnt mean LIKE the looks of it i meant more like u mounted it but said NO WAY cuz of how thick it was...therefore didnt test it, thats what i meant.. but yeah this dam bike is so hard to better it frm stock hah jus saw that spacer cuz i never saw it before (aftermarkey wise) guess its just a dead end resulting in the worsening of the stock great greatness :thumbsup: .... possible power now system if i can get a good deal on one... boyesen reed valve when time to change reeds etc.. little things like that..:rolleyes:

• RCannon

Posted May 15, 2008 - 04:02 AM

The spacers are a good idea. In this specific case it is too thick in stock form. I I had the means it would have been cool to try the sizes available under 10mm. 10mm plus the two gaskets was too much. It might be perfect on other bikes, but not this one.

• 08YZ250

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:14 AM

Hi,i dont see how you could improve the YZ250s bottom end anymore as there already tractor like from the bottom,i have a 08 YZ250 and all ive done to it is rad valve and pro curcuit silencer and its unreal,it has the meanest bottom to mid power and still screams up top but dont really use the top power to much as i do alot of trail riding,love the YZ power is so crisp all the way,seems more n bottom end than most 4 jokes!!

• RCannon

Posted January 09, 2010 - 08:12 AM

I believe as time goes on a the bike gets feeling very familiar. Its not as if it really needs more low end, but its easy to achieve on this bike.

• ASternad

Posted November 12, 2010 - 01:07 AM

Does anyone know where to get a exhaust torque ring for a 05 YZ250?

• Zaz

Posted November 12, 2010 - 07:56 AM

I have a 3mm pipe "torque" spacer. PM me if you want it, $20 shipping included.

• ASternad

Posted November 12, 2010 - 09:56 AM

Gorgon - Pm Sent

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz 2000 and 2003 cylinders by dawson1120

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

93 yz 80 crank bearings out by Wheelierider3

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

85 or 150? by drzrider04

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

10 Best Mods For The 2006 Yamaha Yz250 by thebearYZ250

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

different year plastics by YJB006

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.