Warp9 Supermoto wheels arrived

12 replies to this topic
  • djv5

Posted May 14, 2008 - 03:49 AM

www.warp9racing.com

Delivery took about 5 business days, and the cost was $900 to my door. I got the 17x3.5 front and 17x4.25 rear wheels, and they came with wheel bearings, sprocket, 320mm front wave brake rotor, rear wave brake rotor, and front brake caliper relocator bracket.

The front weighs 11 pounds, and the rear weighs 13 pounds (used the bathroom scale, +/- 1 pound).

Ordered some Contiforce SM tires 120/70 and 150/60.

Here are some pics of the wheels:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here is a picture of my bike that I am putting them on:

Posted Image

• Burt

Posted May 14, 2008 - 03:52 AM

thats awsome, i cant wait to see them mounted ! ! :thumbsup:

• mekc

Posted May 14, 2008 - 04:06 AM

looks great! put it on!

• Dube2

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:07 AM

That's an awesome deal. $900 buckarooos. Now all you need is tires?. I thought a full set up was pushing like $3K. Boy, was I way off. Can't wait to see the pics when mounted.

• Charles De Mar

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:32 AM

Are ya keepin' the dirt wheels?

• tblrk2008

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:37 AM

you going to dual sport it or just go for the gusto(what i would do) and avoid the law if at all possible? Or is this for closed course? I think police are so used to seeing bikes with hidden plates, that all they will really look at are a head and tail light and be done with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djv5

Posted May 14, 2008 - 09:19 AM

I plan to do few track days, and also local parking lot pimping, and commuting to work. I still dirtbike the single track trails every weekend. These WR's are very reliable and verstitile.

Here is my previous bike, an '03WR that I rode for 5 seasons. I just sold it to get an newer '07.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• roushxteam199

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:40 PM

very nice. im buying those wheels in the next upincoming weeks. i just put my baja light kit in tonight well sorta. i ran into a problem with the stator. pos. what tire size are u going to run. im planing on a 150.

• Charles De Mar

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Question, are you going to put an oversize rotor on your dirt wheels or are you going to change the brake caliber mounting bracket when swapping back and forth between the wheel sets.

• jhmotard

Posted May 14, 2008 - 08:55 PM

nice lookin wheels

where are you in michigan??

i'm also on an 06 wr450 "sm"

• djv5

Posted May 15, 2008 - 03:48 AM

Question, are you going to put an oversize rotor on your dirt wheels or are you going to change the brake caliber mounting bracket when swapping back and forth between the wheel sets.

No, it is easy to swap the caliper bracket back & forth. I can switch from dirt to street in 10 minutes, and use the stock chain.

• djv5

Posted May 15, 2008 - 03:49 AM

nice lookin wheels

where are you in michigan??

i'm also on an 06 wr450 "sm"

West of Grand Rapids, near Grand Haven.

• Charles De Mar

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:25 AM

No, it is easy to swap the caliper bracket back & forth. I can switch from dirt to street in 10 minutes, and use the stock chain.

I'm really considering this move with my bike. It's on 3.5 miles round trip to work with top speed of 40mph. I'm thinking scooter instead of second wheel set:banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.