gearbox question

4 replies to this topic
  • crf-rider-450

Posted May 14, 2008 - 02:41 AM

hey all.
just a short question about the gearboxes on the WR450's, this is the 3rd time ive rebuilt it so ud think i would of remembered this by now haha.
does the gearbox need to have some what of a decent load on it to select all the gears being they have a fair bit of back lash, cos i can sit there and spin the primary shaft and select only up to 3rd, it just wont find 4th/5th but from what i can see it looks as though it has to spin over about 2-3 times before the dogs line up properly so it can select 4th/5th, i just need to know before i go bolting it all back up and finding out it wont select haha.
Thanks everyone.
Rodney

• MaxPower

Posted May 14, 2008 - 02:57 PM

[COLOR="Green"]what?[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf-rider-450

Posted May 15, 2008 - 01:36 AM

umm i dont think i can explain it any better than i already did ?.
does everyone else get what im on about ??.

• William1

Posted May 15, 2008 - 02:59 AM

On almost any dog type gear box, you cannot snick thru all the gears without the shafts turning or being turned. Perfectly normal

• crf-rider-450

Posted May 15, 2008 - 03:02 AM

yeah thats the thing i am spinning the shafts its just that the shafts have to spin over 2-3 times before the dogs line up for 4th and 5th to engage. i was just wondering if thats normal or if i've put a gear on wrong or something.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.