jetting ?

4 replies to this topic
  • WIRE-DOC

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:08 PM

I installed the ais kit on my 08 wr450,and noticed that it bogged,was hard to start and was very rich with the jetting that came in the kit. I just bought a JD jet kit and was wondering if I should change the starter jet from stock or leave it alone.What about the leak jet, which one do I use? I ride at 0-4000 feet, 65-95 degrees, all free mods done,uni filter,Drd full exhaust. I would like to set it and forget it because this bike is such a pain in the ass to rejet. I did do a search but got different results each time. Thanks

• KennyMc

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:53 PM

I used the Main Air Jet# 110 and the Leak Jet that came with the GYTR AIS removal kit. I used the 48 pilot and the 168 main with the red needle on the 4th clip that came with the JDJetting kit. My bike has no bog and I ride anywhere from the desert to LPNF with no issues.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jandmsuburban7

Posted May 14, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hey Wire_Doc, Just got done with my own thread on very much the same situation as you. You need to do some other reading up on all the jetting threads too. It is helpful. Here are my threads on jetting. Good luck.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=633478

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=635114

• ophir

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:30 PM

I used the jets that cam with the GYTR removal kit and supplemented with the JD kit, needle, pilot and main. This was right on the money. This is the best jetted WR that I have owned.

• WIRE-DOC

Posted May 14, 2008 - 08:02 PM

I just rejetted my bike. IT FRIGGEN RIPS! When I snap the throttle as fast as I can it has a slight bog at idle. It starts after 3-4 revolutions cold hot. I have not adjusted the fuel screw yet. It is set at 1 3/4 out. heres what I installed= jd red 4th from top with 168 main ,48 pilot ,45leak jet and the large o-ring over the AP screw. I left the starter jet (68) stock. Thanks for the help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.