YZF Bog Issues

5 replies to this topic
  • SAM450

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:50 PM

has anybody had any experience with Merge Racing's accel pump spring? my buddy's got an 07' yzf 450 and has some major bog issues. weve tried every little related jetting change. Quickshot 2 made the problem worse so we're back to the stock cover. Merge Racing's spring looks like a cheap investment. Also, Ready Racing's pump linkage looks like an option. Any product reviews/suggestions?

• Slinkyman16

Posted May 13, 2008 - 04:43 PM

I have no idea if you already tried to re-jet your bike. if not try that first.. get yourself a fuel screw why your at it.. or you can save your money and send it to zip-ty in hesperia.. best 100 bucks you can spend on your bike..

• William1

Posted May 13, 2008 - 04:58 PM

A cheaper method is to do the O-Ring mod, confirm the timing screw is first set by the book, then, mess with leak jets.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=632718

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAM450

Posted May 13, 2008 - 05:42 PM

[quote name='William1']A cheaper method is to do the O-Ring mod, confirm the timing screw is first set by the book, then, mess with leak jets.

i noticed there is the o-ring method for FCR-MX and taffy mod for regular FCR. whats the difference between the two carbs? also, all the o-ring does is keep the linkage against the screw tighter cuz the spring isnt enough force to react fast enough?

• Whyzee429

Posted May 13, 2008 - 05:55 PM

on my 07 i wire tied the linkage because the spring wasn't fast enough. I also had the jets changed. I don't remember the numbers, but i'm sure someone can help you. dont get the RR product. you can save 100 bucks by using an o ring or wire tie. Anyway, the deadly hesitation/bog that my bike suffered is long gone.

• grayracer513

Posted May 13, 2008 - 06:30 PM

The taffy mod is for the old carb only.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.