WR426 Radiator Guard Question

3 replies to this topic
  • Red-eyed_Demon

Posted May 12, 2002 - 06:51 AM

Is there a radiator guard that allows the grey plastic air director to remain in place while still protecting from front/side impacts?

• Wicked_Crash

Posted May 12, 2002 - 09:58 PM

Red,
Zip Ty makes radiator guards where you can leave the stock air directors in place I think mine were around $55. Works Connection also makes the same type of guards for about the same price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted May 12, 2002 - 10:31 AM

Red Eyed,

why do you want to keep the plastic grill in place? Some have stated they believe this will limit air flow to radiator. i bought Devol Radiator guards. They fit really well and provide much better protection of radiator and increase air flow which I feel is beneficial.

Hope this helps,
Fryboy

• Red-eyed_Demon

Posted May 12, 2002 - 02:08 PM

I thot I might need them to help direct airflow to the radiators, but if I don't need them, I'll get rid of them and put a guard over them.

Thanks for the replies,
RED

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.