YZ426 '00 bodyparts on a '98 WR400?

4 replies to this topic
  • turbohead

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:16 AM

I am rebuilding and updating an old '98 WR400 for a friend. While I am doing the engine, he is thinking of the rest of the bike. Can he fit the tank, seat and radiator shrouds from an YZ426?

• matt4x4

Posted May 13, 2008 - 10:36 AM

yes yes and yes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foots

Posted May 13, 2008 - 12:55 PM

Shroud bottom holes don't line up with the WR radiators. You'll need WR shrouds or use zip-ties to secure them

• turbohead

Posted May 14, 2008 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for your quick replies! I'll send the owner out shopping for '00 YZ plastic parts. Meanwhile, I have just detected the standard early WR carb problems, ie broken throttle valve, corroded accelerator pump and dead TPS. Perhaps I should go shopping for a newer carb or an Edelbrock...? We'll see.

• matt420-46

Posted May 14, 2008 - 05:59 AM

The holes still line up, they're just at an angle for some of the years - use large washers - works for mine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.