Exhaust modification for WR400

4 replies to this topic
  • Renas

Posted May 13, 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hi guys,

I was thoroughly looking for standard exaust for European models modification, but gave up and would like to get your recomendations and some experience sharing, please.

The exaust looks quite silly looks unmodable, but mey be it is:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Is there any way to mod it? Any personal experience or guidlines where to find any information on this type of exaust moding would be great. Thanks!

• swede426

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:31 PM

Cut it up about around the small pipe, pull the small pipe out and replace it with a bigger pipe and weld it on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swede426

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:38 PM

I dont know about the 400 but my 426 run lots cooler and feels much stronger on lower rpm's when I opened the exhaust up.

• headhunter622

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:35 PM

I took mine off and found a used stock 03 yz exhaust for mine and i love it. Its much lighter, all titanium and sounds good to me. Mine is a canadian 2000 WR 400 and the can looks alot like the one off yours. Just an option!!!

• matt420-46

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:05 AM

If you're going to modify that exhaust, I would use a hole saw (the type to cut through metal doors) and cut around the inner pipe at a larger diameter, then either make or buy an insert that has a larger diameter - line up where you have to drill your mounting holes, drill a small pilot screw and tap it to the right size/thread for the bots you're using.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.