Fuel leaking from Carb

2 replies to this topic
  • YZERIK

Posted May 13, 2008 - 06:54 AM

Hey Gang, the other day I was doing some serious work on my YZ 450 , not touching the carb though... anyways after i was finished i fired it up. starts up good, but fuel was pouring out of the overflow hose, so i shut off the bike.. i then start to drain fuel out of the float bowl, about a litre or so ( didnt have any other gas at home to clean my air filter) ok, so thats all done, i then re-start the bike, and nothing, everything is fine... i started it yesterday and its sill fine..... can someone help me as too what this was and if this should be addressed further. thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted May 13, 2008 - 07:46 AM

A speck of dirt got caught in the float needle valve and subsquently fell out. I would do nothing more than remove the cap on the bottom of the carb and remove any dirt there.

• grayracer513

Posted May 13, 2008 - 07:48 AM

A speck of debris on the float needle/seat. It's gone. Don't worry about it unless it does it again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.