Passenger Footpegs - 07 WR450

Yamaha WR450F 2007

57 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted July 13, 2009 - 06:01 AM

what about her locking her legs around your waist? If its not far its not a problem?

I have clipon type pegs on my 06... crappy for a permanent mount. I remove them when shes not riding with.

• partybus

Posted July 14, 2009 - 05:12 AM

hey how r ya? got a lil problem here with the pegs u describe, u wrote they r for a CRX. now i think i'm stupid cause i even googled it n can't find a CRX, guess it's from honda but the CRX is a Car :worthy:
i'm riding the YZ 450 n for stunt purpose i need pegs n ur idea looks greta n looks strong too. so please help me out n tell me from which bike they originally r...the footrest comes from the R6, got that so far :banana:

cheers buddy

• jmesserer

Posted July 15, 2009 - 07:27 AM

Sorry ... it was late and a slight typo. They were for a Honda CRF250X (http://powersports.h...9/crf250x.aspx).

• hm450

Posted December 04, 2009 - 10:40 AM

I have been putting it off for a while but it is finally done! Nothing motivates like running out of time :cheers:. I am leaving in 3 days to go on a riding trip to CO and my wife is coming so I had to get it done.

The rear passenger pegs are off of a 2008/09 R6. The pegs that originally came with the brackets would have been sufficient for road riding but I wanted something with a little more grip.

These brackets were made for a CRX but they basically just bolted right onto my bike. I had to grind down the weld a little on the right side where the exhaust mounts to the frame ... but not a big deal. I was surprised how little work was required.

Thanks to TT member hm450 who I got the brackets/pegs from.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.cornersto...es/wr450f/pegs/

Looks Good on your WRF :banghead:

• jmesserer

Posted December 05, 2009 - 10:18 AM

Thanks again HM450!!! I will post pics of the other bikes once we get them mounted. We intend on mounting them on 1 more WR450F and 2 Honda CRF250X's.

• hm450

Posted January 28, 2010 - 08:46 AM

any news Jeremiah ?

• jmesserer

Posted January 29, 2010 - 07:44 AM

The work falls into my cousins hands and I know they haven't got around to doing it. I will post when it is done.

Thanks again HM450!

• flynoe

Posted January 15, 2011 - 06:45 AM

jmesserer or anyone who knows,

I have a 04 (steel frame, but subframe looks similar in pictures) WR450. Does anyone know if the subframes are the same as I would like to add these pegs.

Thanks in advance....

I have been putting it off for a while but it is finally done! Nothing motivates like running out of time :smirk:. I am leaving in 3 days to go on a riding trip to CO and my wife is coming so I had to get it done.

The rear passenger pegs are off of a 2008/09 R6. The pegs that originally came with the brackets would have been sufficient for road riding but I wanted something with a little more grip.

These brackets were made for a CRX but they basically just bolted right onto my bike. I had to grind down the weld a little on the right side where the exhaust mounts to the frame ... but not a big deal. I was surprised how little work was required.

Thanks to TT member hm450 who I got the brackets/pegs from.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.cornersto...es/wr450f/pegs/

• MaxPower

Posted February 02, 2011 - 02:21 PM

[COLOR="green"]baja designs makes passenger foot pegs to fit the Wr 450
They fit right on. However the right side peg bracket bends under almost no pressure. I called Baja Design and they wanted to charge me for another.The mounting bolts and peg pin rust right up.However it saves from rigging something to work
[/COLOR]

• Dube2

Posted February 02, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Looking for effective location to mount rear footpegs. Any idea's on which peg works best, and a way to mount them on an 07 WR450?

Baja Designs has a really nice rear footpeg that mounts to the subframe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hm450

Posted June 05, 2011 - 10:46 PM

jmesserer or anyone who knows,

I have a 04 (steel frame, but subframe looks similar in pictures) WR450. Does anyone know if the subframes are the same as I would like to add these pegs.

Thanks in advance....

Maybe it's too late, but if you want a pairs to mount like these pics, i can get a pairs for you. Of course, as they are manufactured for Honda CRF, you'll have to slightly modify them to fit your Yamie...Let me know if still interested :ride:

• jmesserer

Posted July 12, 2011 - 07:18 AM

I had a seat built by SDG for riding two-up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

* Taken by Nemo, SD

• hm450

Posted July 14, 2011 - 08:04 AM

Nice area with good looking people !!

• jmesserer

Posted July 14, 2011 - 08:06 AM

Thanks hm! Those pegs have worked out SO awesome!

• hm450

Posted July 14, 2011 - 12:56 PM

Your Green forest and small moutains are an invitation to ride...see mines :

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finally we should launched a post with scenic views, a way to promote tourism...!?

and sometimes i'm kidding with my buddies...I hold the cam...i exagerate my english just for fun...

• jmesserer

Posted July 14, 2011 - 12:59 PM

Wow, very beautiful! The small mountains are due to a very large family (28 with several small kids) riding trip :-). I leave in a couple of weeks for CO, I'll post some pics of the big boy mountains when I get back :-).

• hm450

Posted July 14, 2011 - 01:16 PM

I promise to myself for my 50s' to ride in US, just for fun and to share good times with friends. I hope...

• hm450

Posted August 07, 2011 - 05:02 AM

Thanks hm! Those pegs have worked out SO awesome!

Just got a new pairs for sale :eek:

• GPFree

Posted August 08, 2011 - 04:45 AM

Thanks also to HM450 who supplied me in New Hampshire, a pair of foot pegs / mounts for my 2007 WR450. A very kind and professional transaction.
This set up works perfect for riding with my wife.

Great to have such support from fellow riders. TT and its members have proved to be a valuable resource for information and products.

• hm450

Posted August 11, 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks also to HM450 who supplied me in New Hampshire, a pair of foot pegs / mounts for my 2007 WR450. A very kind and professional transaction.
This set up works perfect for riding with my wife.

Great to have such support from fellow riders. TT and its members have proved to be a valuable resource for information and products.

Thank you too :eek:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

WR450F starts only after blowing to the fuel tank by RanFo

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Who all has a street legal wr? by Stealth13

• Hot  195 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2007 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha WR450F 2007
  • * * * * -
  • 32 reviews
  • Last review by cbsander
  • On October 05, 2016
Forums
Photo

Valve job by RiderDeAzul

• 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.