Low octane gas vs. high octane

2 replies to this topic

Posted May 12, 2002 - 03:20 AM

I recently called the local race shop here with some jetting questions and he had some interesting advice. He told me to try running 87 octane gas in the bike (It's what most of the racers he sponsors use in the 426).I know the manual says 95 or higher but I figured I'd give it a try. I haven't had it out in the trail yet but I think it's pulling better. Does this have a leaning out effect on the bike?

Bike shop - www.rrpcyclestuff.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EZGZ

Posted May 12, 2002 - 04:25 AM

High octane race fuel is a little thinner.

I have been running 100 LL Aviation fuel with my high compression just for peace of mind.

Airport is close and they don't mind putting in jugs as long as you tell them it is for offroad use.

• SFO

Posted May 12, 2002 - 06:04 PM

I tested a bunch of fuels in my 14~1 444cc motor.
Here is the reality of it...

http://www.four-stro...s/SFO_index.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.