Graphix Kit install Question

9 replies to this topic
  • Wikki

Posted May 12, 2008 - 08:20 PM

I bought a graphics kit for my 05' 450. My friend said they're a pain to install because of bubbling and not sticking. Anyone know of a place around Huntington Beach California that would install it for me.

• Sonic99

Posted May 12, 2008 - 08:47 PM

I just did mine a couple weeks ago. It was my first attemt and it came out almost perfect. Just get some kind of sticker application spray that keeps it from sticking right away so you can slide the decal into place instead of having to get it on exact ($5). Just take your time and you can do it.
Here is mine:
Posted Image

• mxchamps

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:06 PM

If you are going to ride a bike you may as well figure it out. Paying someone to install your decals is like paying someone to wipe for you. you can do it.

• Wikki

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:38 PM

Ok I feel like a puss now, I'll do it. Thanks guys.

• nolimits720

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:46 PM

just take some mild soapy water and spray it on the plastics then put your graphics in place and use a credit card or something to smooth out the bubbles. Trust me this is the best way I do it all the time when putting big stickers on my boat. Just make sure it dries really god before you go ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:57 PM

if you feel like taking a drive to covina on saturday ill do it for you.. bring the plastics and the graphics.. ill have um done in a hour or so..

• Wikki

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:43 AM

Thanks Slinky but I'll give it a shot. It sounds easy enough.

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:54 AM

Read this:

• matt420-46

Posted May 14, 2008 - 10:28 AM

yes - read that - windex and a heat gun, perfect every time.

• Wikki

Posted May 14, 2008 - 11:07 PM

Wow! Great Do-it-yourself artical. I can't wait to do it. You dudes rule.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.