Will an 08 OEM black ignition cover fit on 07 yz450f?

7 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:05 PM

Will an 08 OEM black ignition cover fit on 07 yz450f?

• KJ790

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:13 PM

Yes. Or you can just paint your black, it will look the same and rub off just as fast. If you want it to stay black for more than one ride get yours powder coated.

• RJB

Posted May 13, 2008 - 08:02 AM

Don't even waste your money - black wears real quick too

• Ga426owner

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:59 AM

This was my thought(to replace mine 06) when i first saw the black covers...until I learned the paint comes off the first 25sec of use. You can get the cover powder coated for better hold up but it still wont last like a Hinson cover...these seem indestructable (on my 03)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted May 13, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Well, that's the thing...I'm putting in a hinson clutch, and ordered the hinson clutch cover...So I'd like the ignition cover to be black as well...I don't think hinson makes an ignition cover for 06-08, do they?

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 13, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Nope, just talk to a guy at Hinson...At this point they're just "thinking" of doing ignition covers...
I don't want to go carbon fiber, seen them wear/chip, even crack...no thanks...plus I don't think lightspeed even makes them for yamis?
Don't think the line-x would work well because of the holes/threads (that stuff is thick)...
I suppose powder coating is the best option???

• bajamoto

Posted May 13, 2008 - 02:36 PM

Nope, just talk to a guy at Hinson...At this point they're just "thinking" of doing ignition covers...
I don't want to go carbon fiber, seen them wear/chip, even crack...no thanks...plus I don't think lightspeed even makes them for yamis?
Don't think the line-x would work well because of the holes/threads (that stuff is thick)...
I suppose powder coating is the best option???

just keep touching up the paint job.

add a layer of clear coat.

take 20 seconds to rattle can the thing and with the money you save from powder coating you can invest in other more practical mods.

Duplicolor Bumper Coating Flat black would look hot!

• Ga426owner

Posted May 14, 2008 - 06:14 AM

oh the ignition cover....not the clutch cover...duh

contact SFB to see if they can make a black one
or powder coat the stocker

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.