Big Tank and seat question

5 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted May 12, 2008 - 06:19 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I bought a big YZ tank for my 04 WR450
Im not clear on this, do I need a YZ seat ? I know they are a little longer.If I do, how does it mount? I know the seat bases are different around the battery area?
I want to run the dual petcock set up. Has that system been working for eveyone without a problem? I hate to make issues where there are none to begin with
Thanks
[/COLOR]

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 13, 2008 - 06:33 AM

What make tank is it? If it's an IMS either a WR or a YZ seat will work. There are two positions on the tank to mount the seat "button". The lower one is for the 03/04 WR seat and the upper is for the 05/06 WR and 03/04 YZ seat. If you go with a YZ seat be aware that the mounting hooks are different between the YZ and the WR due to the battery tray. It will fit but you'll have to modify it a bit (remove the front hold down hook on the seat pan, etc). An 05/06 WR seat has the same profile as the YZ but has all the proper mounting points.

• Eesh

Posted May 13, 2008 - 07:56 AM

I got my factory seat to fit on My 07 WR 450 but not with out some trimming here and there and alot of Swearing!!! but I got it to fit!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tblrk2008

Posted May 13, 2008 - 08:50 AM

You guys sure about the two position deal? Yes, there are two holes but one is for the button and the other is for the screw that the rubber strap connects too......at least on my big Clarke YZ tank.

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 13, 2008 - 12:05 PM

You guys sure about the two position deal? Yes, there are two holes but one is for the button and the other is for the screw that the rubber strap connects too......at least on my big Clarke YZ tank.

Well actually you're right. There are three holes. The two holes for the different seats and the third one at the bottom for the strap.

• MaxPower

Posted May 13, 2008 - 05:46 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I bought the tank used
I think its an Acerbis
Thank you for your help
[/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.