Head Pipe Guards

7 replies to this topic
  • BOVADS

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:13 AM

just curious what everybody is ruuning for a a head pipe guard?

i ride mostly single track , really tight nasty stuff and im always caving in my head pipe either on trees or rocks. was thinking of making one out of 1/4" steel plate :thumbsup:

• angrybob

Posted May 12, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Trees? What are those? You must ride up north. :thumbsup:

That was the deciding point for me to buy the MRD exhaust system. Its stainless and he repairs or replaces any damage for free.

OUR GUARANTEE
MRD pipes are designed for durability as well as performance. We utilize thicker gauge material in damage prone areas like head pipe, mount section, and muffler canister. If your pipe fails or is damaged in a crash, MRD will fix it free of charge.

• frankycottonrow

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:11 PM

man, that is a hell of a deal. I was fixing to buy a DRD but now I have second thoughts. How is the performance of the MRD system?? I'm looking for more torque down low b/c I am mainly a trail rider. thanks and ride on!!

• 642MX

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:13 PM

I just use a small guard to keep my pants from melting. Its an FMF header and guard.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • angrybob

Posted May 13, 2008 - 11:37 AM

man, that is a hell of a deal. I was fixing to buy a DRD but now I have second thoughts. How is the performance of the MRD system?? I'm looking for more torque down low b/c I am mainly a trail rider. thanks and ride on!!

I'm not an expert on the specific performance gains the pipe gave. I bought a stocker and did a whole bunch of things at once. The owner's name is Dave and based on talking to him, he's the president and janitor. He was straight with me on the phone and I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

Well built, great sound and has the sparky option too.

I'll shoot some pics tonight.

• angrybob

Posted May 15, 2008 - 05:43 AM

Be quick

• Bigcr

Posted May 15, 2008 - 01:15 PM

Be quick

That's a killer deal!

• KJ790

Posted May 15, 2008 - 02:52 PM

That's a killer deal!

I used to run those guards on my bikes, now I don't run anything. The carbon fiber works ones are great b/c they wrap around the front really far and protect it. I have a spare carbon fiber works header guard for an 03-06 YZ450 brand new I will sell for $60 if some one wants it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.