Magura on a 2007WR

6 replies to this topic
  • crashthings

Posted May 12, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Hey guys, I am putting a Magura on my 2007 WR450F and I am trying to figure out to mount it to the engine bracket and clutch lever on the engine. So if anyone has a picute of how you did it, I would love to see it. It came with some washer, sleves and a long (longer than what I need) barrel. I have ordered a smaller barrel and the clutch safety switch from Magura but I would like to see a picture of how it's setup.

• William1

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:52 AM

Mounts in the stock position. You do not need the shim washer. Use the sleeve if possible, better a tight fit in the holder than a loose one.

Posted Image

• RickSanson

Posted May 13, 2008 - 11:58 AM

That doesn't look like an 07 WR540 engine...

On the 07 WR450 the clutch cable comes from the right side and behind the cylinder. This image looks like the hydraulic line is coming front the front and on the left side of the cylinder.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:18 PM

No, it is a 08 wr250, but other than the specific location, it mounts the same.
I only had this picture. But it is the order of assembly that is key.

• RickSanson

Posted May 13, 2008 - 04:54 PM

How does the Magura feel??? Is it an easier pull?

I'm thinking of getting one...

• tribalbc

Posted May 13, 2008 - 08:46 PM

How does the Magura feel??? Is it an easier pull?

I'm thinking of getting one...

was wondering the same

• William1

Posted May 14, 2008 - 02:23 AM

Not really easier, but it is consistent. No cable to get gunked up so it feels like new the same after many hours of use. To make the pull easier, you need to change the leverage by changeing actuation arms at the engine.

Also, as the bike heats up, often with a cable, the clutch will need a quick adjustment. No need for that with the Magura, it is self adjusting.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.