ouch front disc brake got my friend good

5 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:23 AM

Hey Guys,

I have had my 08WR450 for about a month now. the premotion on in Canada was you got a free PW50 with the purchase of the big bike,

i upgraded the pw50 to a TT-R90, 07 model year but new and great price.

anyhow my best friends daughter is loving the machine. so we decided to load them up and take her for a ride. other than the back yard.

apon loading my friend left his pinky out and it got caught in the front rotor... yikes took the end off almost at the first knuckle. not a very nice day from here on in.... anyhow watch out for moving parts people :thumbsup:

also i am not thinking of buying a front disc brake protector. anyone know would it secondly help to stop people accidently putting there finger in the rotor ??

thanks guys, love this site!

cheers, play safe
Warts

• ETP

Posted May 12, 2008 - 11:43 AM

Hey Guys,

I have had my 08WR450 for about a month now. the premotion on in Canada was you got a free PW50 with the purchase of the big bike,

i upgraded the pw50 to a TT-R90, 07 model year but new and great price.

anyhow my best friends daughter is loving the machine. so we decided to load them up and take her for a ride. other than the back yard.

apon loading my friend left his pinky out and it got caught in the front rotor... yikes took the end off almost at the first knuckle. not a very nice day from here on in.... anyhow watch out for moving parts people :thumbsup:

also i am not thinking of buying a front disc brake protector. anyone know would it secondly help to stop people accidently putting there finger in the rotor ??

thanks guys, love this site!

cheers, play safe
Warts

I'd get a guard for it. They don't cost that much and offer some protection.

• wartsnuff

Posted May 13, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I'd get a guard for it. They don't cost that much and offer some protection.

Thanks, ordered it already :thumbsup:

cheers
Warts

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SD Jarhead

Posted May 13, 2008 - 08:24 PM

I just broke my thumb on the rear rotor a week ago Sunday. I was on the bottom pushing a bike onto a truck and my thumb must've slipped into the slot in the disc. It ripped the nail almost completely off and fractured the last bone. The screwed up thing is that it is on my left hand and I'm left handed...

• brad the best

Posted May 13, 2008 - 11:52 PM

don't put your fingers and were you wouldn't put your johnson .

almost lost the end of a finger in some spokes before and have put one around a sprocket with the chain still on , you only do it once .

ride the bike up , get another ramp and walk beside it using the clutch to let it drive itself up .

• wartsnuff

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:20 AM

ouch ouch ouch

thats terrible guys, sorry to hear about your misfortune!

cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.