WR450 or KTM450 for Enduro's ?

1 reply to this topic
  • Alabama_Rider

Posted November 21, 2002 - 08:18 PM

I ride my XR650L on heavy, single track trail every week and luv it, and will keep it for that use. I am however looking for a second bike to do serious SERA Enduro's. Honda doesn't make a 450cc, 4 stroke, Enduro bike. What is the best 4 stroke bike for Enduros, KTM450 or WR450 ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billyj7175

Posted November 21, 2002 - 09:20 PM

Unless you're just seeking an honest view from fellow pig riders, I think that you're asking the wrong crowd...haha, even though you'll get an unbiased answer here, as the blue guys will probably tell you to get the WR, and the orange guys will recommend the EXC.
Honestly though, you will need to post your height, weight, and riding skill to get a educated answer from anyone. I personally haven't read anything solid about either of the two above mentioned bikes, other than "previews". Statistics say the bikes will be very closely matched, enduro lighting, elec start, major power increase over last year's, so on and so forth. About the only thing that my feeble opinion can come up with, is the fact that the WR will probably be at least a $1000 cheaper.
Parts/Customer service in your local area also needs to be considered.
The WR might need to be "uncorked" as the KTM will arrive ready to rip.
I honestly dont' think you could go wrong with either choice, unless there are some inherent flaws in the new bikes. This would be yamaha's first year with electric start, whereas everything on the KTM is already proven.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.