E Series quiet core insert

4 replies to this topic
  • rwcfrank

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:49 PM

Has anyone tried the e series quiet core insert??? The add promises 5-6 decibel decrease!! I am thinking 10 discs with the insert may bring it close to 100 db.... Any thoughts???

• Guy

Posted May 12, 2002 - 11:09 AM

:) My experience with this is that it makes the bike run awful, really messes up the jetting :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmp437

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:11 AM

I've got a WB quiet core insert on my Yamaha Warrior with 7 discs. The sound level is 92 dB(A) at 3500 RPM's using the SAE testing procedure with the exception of the sound meter was pointed AT the pipe as opposed to AWAY from the pipe. I would say power is not a whole lot better than stock, but the Warrior is an old air cooled two valve (not much power to begin with). I would certainly agree that there is a 5-6 dB decrease in sound level. I'll be adding some discs back in to get up to 94 dB(A), the legal limit here in MI.

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: dmp437 ]

• Unkle_Moose

Posted May 14, 2002 - 03:47 AM

rwcfrank Check out the post "Sound Test Report" I refreshed to the top. Any questions send an email "ktraum@aol.com"

Ride Safe, Ride Often and Have Fun :)

• freestyle111

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:02 AM

save your money.quiet core insert sucks.your better off taking out 3 discs.bike will be quieter and faster with 3 less discs.i wasted $35 on quietcore2 insert last month.it barely queits bike down and it ran like the stock muffler plug was still installed.i posted topic on this subject a few week ago if you want to do a search

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.