2 replies to this topic
  • Yz426ForLife

Posted May 11, 2008 - 04:52 AM

Hey guys new to this place but was wondering if i could get some help??? I got a yz426 2000 believe it or not and today was riding for ages then coming bak gav it some stick. i baked of and as i did the engine lik locked up but then fired keep going for a while but each time i baked of did the same thing did this three times then came to a stop at camp (stalled when i stopped). from their i couldnt get it started it fired but thats it. was pretty hot to. for their i left it and then bout 1 later tryed to start could kick it but ova then it seem to hav seized up hey??? cant turn it ova at al!!! i droped the oil last week but filled it to 3/4 cold engine (check it when it stalled and it was quiet ova filled)wondering if that would hav anything to do with it??? and also my mechanic retapped my spark plug thread (damaged it a little:bonk: )last week to he rekons he didnt hav any metal fileings in it but wondering if that could cause my motor to sieze???

Any feed bak would be sweet and any suggestions on wat to do????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted May 11, 2008 - 05:15 AM

Welcome to TT.

It sounds like the big end bearing on the rod gave up. On high hour machines, its becoming somewhat common around here. Get ready for an expensive repair bill....

• Yz426ForLife

Posted May 12, 2008 - 04:45 AM

wel sorry but i hope ya wrong!!!haha nar thanks i'll start pulling apart and c how it goes. pretty annoyed seeing just got it 2 months ago. thanks anyway im proably be asking some more questions later:thumbsup:

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.