This weekend i got my 1992 cr250 running
after sitting still for 6 years!!!
And It's been out in the weather for the
last 2 years as well. Honestly back in January
I was going to send it to the dump. Cause I was
gonna get me a new bike this spring.

Anybody criging yet :D

I pulled the carb off tore it completely down
cleaned all the parts. Cleaned out gas tank.
gave her fresh mix gas. Oil chain tire press etc...

The 5th kick fellas !!! she fired up like 6 years
ago was yesterday. Now the kicker I was out there
pulling 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear wheelies!!! :D

The only thing that didn't work was the back
brakes. :D

Now I don't know what I'm gonna do with this thing
I never expected it to ever run again most less
be this strong :D

BTW - I double posted on the red side of the board. I know it ain't no thumper so don't start! :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted May 12, 2002 - 11:18 PM

I wish I had my old CR 250 - it was the last of the twin rear shocks model, with the red painted air-cooled cylinder and head... that bike had a killer powerband, it was responsible for the first of 9 dislocated shoulders...

I would love to be racing vintage MX on that thing... it was a great bike... 79 or 80 model or something of that era...

Nice to hear that you have a spare bike for your buddies when they want to come around and ride...

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 13, 2002 - 12:23 AM

I was smokin' 96 CR's w/ my 91. I KNOW I would still smoke 2002 CR's!!

These early 90 CR's were famous for their engine performance.

If I could find a decent 94/93 CR250...???

• S_Phillips

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:49 AM

yamaha.dude -

I've heard of that "vintage mx" but know nothing
about it. How old does the bike have to be. I've been thinking about it the last couple days and may just make this a project bike. Might learn something while re-doing it all, and if I screw it up it's not like screwing up the new Yammer 426 :)

NH Kevin -

I agree - My 426 ain't got noting on it power wise
and if I hadn't done a few mods to the 426 the old red bird could have easily kicked it's but!! Sad but true :D

HAHAHA - I gotta tell you though it's like sitting
on a chainsaw. My significant other, she'd love riding that thing! :D
On second thought I better not let her do that or I'll never get a chance at her :D :D

• thumper4life

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:02 AM

vintage around here is 1990 and earlier. i had an 87 CR250 when i was 11 till i was 14, MXA calls it one of the best bikes ever built, i never rode another bike around its era so i wouldnt be able to compare but it was a pretty cool bike. took awhile to start though. i gotta 92 YZ250 after the CR and that thing RIPPED! it was as fast as my friends 97! it only had boyesen carbon reeds and an FMF pipe, whew! you guys must just like change because i love my 426, best bike ive ridden so far, my friends yz125 corners better though :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.