08yz450 Hiccup???

2 replies to this topic
  • dirtbikeaddikt

Posted May 10, 2008 - 06:25 PM

I'm runnin mostly stock but with a boyeson quikshot. 155 Main, 45 Pilot, 4th Clip needle, Fuel Screw 1 1/4 turns. So here's the problem....Right around quarter throttle there seems to be a hiccup where the bike cuts out. If I punch the throttle hard while riding in a low gear, it misses and then goes. Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 11, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Did you adj the squirt duration for the accel pump with the quickshot gauge tool?
It may need re adj

• todds924

Posted May 11, 2008 - 07:40 PM

I'm runnin mostly stock but with a boyeson quikshot. 155 Main, 45 Pilot, 4th Clip needle, Fuel Screw 1 1/4 turns. So here's the problem....Right around quarter throttle there seems to be a hiccup where the bike cuts out. If I punch the throttle hard while riding in a low gear, it misses and then goes. Any suggestions?

Are you running the stock pipe? If so, what elevation are you at? According to what your running, you have changed the main from a 160 to a 155 and raised the needle one posistion from stock? I would ditch the quickshot personally. I've tried the standard quickshot and the quickshot2 on my 06 and 08. It worked better stock. I will assume you are above 3000 ft. that is why you dropped to a 155 main, what i don't understand is richening up the needle????????

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.