Stalling

7 replies to this topic
  • Blackmax

Posted May 09, 2008 - 11:01 PM

My 2007 W.R.450 runs perfect. Except when I come to a stop, the motor quits. Not everytime but mostly when I decelerate quickly. Any tips on the problem would be appreciated.

• markh1

Posted May 10, 2008 - 05:26 AM

I'm having the same problem also but mine is only after it warms up:banghead:

• RickSanson

Posted May 10, 2008 - 11:56 AM

One is in Texas and the other in BC.

What's the temp in Texas and what's the altitude in BC? I'm guessing it's hot in Texas (density altitude) and your up a few meters above sea-level in BC... Yes? Maybe you guys are running pretty lean...

Just a guess!

• rich1167

Posted May 10, 2008 - 12:39 PM

I'd say make sure your clutch isn't draging and check your idle speed. It may be to low.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blackmax

Posted May 10, 2008 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to take it in to the dealer. Its a safety isue on the street. I'll post the fix later.

• markh1

Posted May 10, 2008 - 06:31 PM

The temps in Texas right now are in the 80's. As for being lean i rejetted it with a JD jetting kit per their instruction's so i dont think it is lean the header does not glow red anymore like it did when it was new.:thumbsup:

• mikeythefokker

Posted May 12, 2008 - 11:05 PM

My guess is the idle screw.

• Blackmax

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:16 PM

Got my bike from the shop today and tuned out all it needed was a faster idle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.