De-restricted Aussie bike

7 replies to this topic
  • WR450FGreg

Posted May 09, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hi,

Interestingly, my bike ('08 WR450F) came from Yamaha with no mixture screw covering plug and a YZ450F throttle stop screw (ie. full throttle right away.)
The dealer told me all they did was remove the 20mm diameter tailpipe restrictor and the airbox snorkel.
I wonder if other Aussies have found the same thing?

Greg

• obsessivecompulsive

Posted May 09, 2008 - 11:30 PM

Yep and jetting changes.

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 09, 2008 - 11:46 PM

Yep and jetting changes.

mmm, I wonder if that's why my spares kit didn't come with the spare needle?
Maybe it was already fitted to the bike. :thumbsup:

Greg

• chris_TTR250

Posted May 10, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hello Greg I picked up my of 08 WR450fx on Friday.

The dealer told me they removed the throttle stop, rejetted, removed the snorkle and exaust baffle.

My spares kit came with spare jets as well as a jet removal tool. My spares kit came with replacement start and stop switches but I was expecting there to be a replacement headlight switch?

Do the Australian bikes have the AIS system?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Looks450

Posted May 11, 2008 - 02:08 AM

Aust bikes dont have AIS.

You guys should be checking the Australian forums for all your country specific info. Whilst this site is definatly the holy grain for all things WRF, try this for local info.

http://www.dirtbikew...highlight=wr450

Looks

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 11, 2008 - 02:44 AM

Aaah yes, dirtbikeworld.net .... the website that rejected my application for registration (rejected my email address for some reason) then won't reply to my request to find out how the problem can be fixed!

:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Greg

• ktm baz

Posted May 11, 2008 - 02:53 AM

I`ve found dbw very accommodating, seem`s strange that they rejected you.

Do you hate Chad Reed??:thumbsup:

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 11, 2008 - 11:47 AM

seem`s strange that they rejected you

I'm registered in a LOT of different forums, never had a rejection/suspension/ban of any sort before.

In fact I run my own discussion forum for vintage Yamaha roadracers (have for at least 5 years now). http://www.biketorque.net/tz350/

I suspect they have a blanket ban on yahoo.com email addresses for some reason. That's the address I use for all my forum registrations and general emails.
Blanket ban? Fair enough, but at least answer my email enquiry about it !!

(Sorry guys, this has gone way off topic!)

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.