WR Mouse Pointer

26 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted November 22, 2002 - 12:37 PM

WHA!!!!???

Like what kinda other stuff???

I havent noticed anything weird yet but I think I will ix-nay it until I hear otherwise.

I went to a website once (just once) and all my programs were impregnated with their ads. I had to wipe the hard drive and start over. I hope this isn't the case again.

Thanks for the heads up yamaha.dude. I just wish you would have seen this post sooner. :)

• ddialogue

Posted November 22, 2002 - 01:04 PM

Yamaha.dude is correct. I ran Ad-Aware on my system after installing it and sure enough...it found all the additional spy/adware on the system. Uninstalled all of it and called it good.

• Hick

Posted November 22, 2002 - 01:48 PM

As I mentioned I can't remember where I got mine, but it wasn't foist-ware.

I'm going to have to find a way to drop that term at the next cocktail part I attend. Foist-ware. Yeah.

Anyway what I got was just the dirtbike.cur file only. No executable.

But alas, it is a DRZ, and must be expunged as such. Goodbye Mr. Dirtbike cursor, hello same ol' mouse arrow... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted November 22, 2002 - 07:07 PM

Where do I go to run this Ad-Aware so I can clense my system?

I want to get this spyware off mine too.

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 23, 2002 - 06:25 AM

You WR guys are always getting in trouble.

Geez it took a YZ to get Keith King back out of the woods in tow

and now it is going to take another YZ to get the DRZ off the WR PC's :)

Here are two of the best adware eaters around I use SpyBot Search and destroy, it is a far better but not so easy to use.
http://security.kolla.de/

You can ge Ad-Ware from Lavasoft at
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

• MOmilkman

Posted November 25, 2002 - 10:10 AM

Thanks EGO-dude.

• FOX426

Posted November 25, 2002 - 10:41 AM

Well to paraphrase: "S" happens; ie; DRZ400 "S" :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.